We build mobile games for real gamers! Our first title is a deep & competitive turn-based strategy game with trading card game mechanics and is due to release this fall.
The game is based on trading card game mechanics (1v1, turn-based) and only multiplayer. We currently have most (70%) of the game logic running on the server (C++). Apart from the Game Server we have matchmaking that currently just matches the first 2 players entering the queue. We however want a rank system to be implemented that players will be matched based on rank. Moreover all the player data (Clans, achievements etc.) will have to be stored in a database (has not been done yet).
Here are the tasks that will have to be completed
- Discuss optimization to the current architecture implemented and planned
- Finish the game logic on the server (C++)
- Implement matchmaking and player data to the server
- Setup database structure
- Optimize messages send / received
- Deploy our server with automated tooling to cloud infrastructures for continous integration and future scalability
- Perform load and stress testing, to ensure the multiplayer matches run stable at all times
Required Skills / XP
- Strong with C++
- Experience with server programming and network communication (protocols, streams, connections, multithreading, sockets, message gandling, memory handling), databases, security and performance optimization
- Preference to someone with experience building a multiplayer (!) game back-end
Yes, we also speak German :)